Monday, May 14, 2012

I Have a Dream: An Oldie, but a Goodie

Remember back when I posted my Lucky 7 Meme? I talked about the first YA novel I ever attempted to write. It's the same novel that I took a sample from and used to apply for YA Fiction Fanatics. How I got in, I'm not sure...maybe it was my charm...lol. Because I soon came to realize that it was pretty awful. The concept though, which I mentioned is based on a dream, is awesome. It was the delivery that lacked eloquence.

Remember when I posted about that other dream I had? Sub to Mr. Awesome Agent? More on that later.

You see, I had another dream (yes, apparently they're my thing now). This one was dystopian-themed. Vivid, frightening. Let's just say I was relieved when I woke up. I don't usually have nightmares, because not much scares me, but I guess this would qualify. Stories of monsters and demons don't scare me, because I generally don't believe in them. But what scares me, I've realized, is losing the things we take for granted. The things that make us happy without much effort. If I woke up tomorrow and that thing was gone, or someone was preparing to rip it from me, I think I might fight to the death to hold onto it.

So my first YA novel, the one I loved so much, is back. With slight changes, the changes that, way back then, I knew were missing. Changes that will make Mr. Awesome Agent number one on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment