Sunday, September 12, 2010

First Plunge Taken!

I sent the first ten pages of my novel to a friend of mine--a very competent friend (meaning, avid reader and fellow english grad)--for a very critical review. It was quite refreshing to have a new pair of eyes look at my writing--to see the things I couldn't see.

Apparently I have a tense problem, which stems from changing the novel from first person to third-person omniscient...eek! That makes things a lot more complicated :o(

But I'm most definitely not complaining since I asked him to be VERY critical. I also have a thing (like a lot of writers do) with telling instead of showing.

I'm working on it! I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm off now to send him the remainder of the first chapter and the second chapter.

PS
remember what I said about leaving it alone for a month?

Ah well!

No comments:

Post a Comment