Thursday, September 13, 2012

You Know How Mom Used to Say "Count Your Blessings"?


This post is a follow up to my mini-rant re: the Godaddy Hacker.

**Pulling foot out of mouth now**

So, I'm generally a positive person. I don't complain a lot. I usually try to see the good in things. I follow Mom's advice to be happy with what I have. And I teach my children to see life the same way.

But sometimes, I slip up and open my mouth too soon. Like the other day. **blushes**

I'm not going to deny that the Godaddy issue was annoying, but looking at the big picture, I'm not so upset that it happened because it resulted in three blessings.


Blessing #1:
I received a credit from Godaddy which pushed me to purchase a domain I'd been considering. Free domain? Who can complain about that?

Blessing #2
I, inadvertently, averted (lol) the current Blogger issues with custom domain changes.

Apparently people are unable to change their blogger domains to custom ones. Some people have no access to their blogs because of this and some have been dealing with this for more than a week.

When all the Godaddy stuff happened on Monday, I was blogging. When my site went offline, I knew right away it was a Godaddy issue because of the error message. So I went to twitter (which seems to be better than google these days) to find out what was going on. When I discovered the issue, I removed my custom domain and reverted back to my blogger domain. Because of that, I now have no issues with my site. I can't change back to diverse-pages.com yet, but at least our readers are still connected. Some people aren't so lucky.

Blessing #3
I started thinking about what I was going to do with Kidvoice.org.

It isn't nearly as successful as I want it to be. And I understand why. 99.9% of my followers are parents. Between school, chores and a host of other things, it's difficult to get your kids to participate. So, since I'm bogged down with writing, promotion, blogging and reviewing--not to mention my day job--, I decided to hand Kid Voice over to my 11 year old daughter and her friends.

She enjoys blogging, reading, drawing, making comics and making mini movies. So Kid Voice is now hers to do all those things! She's also going to be inviting other kids to participate if they want. It think it's a great way to introduce her to Social Media and still monitor what she's doing. She's going to need to figure it all out eventually.

And so there you have it. One problem creates three blessings. And, as usual, life is good :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey lady,
    Ugh, I hate it when people hack into stuff!!! (grrr), but I'm glad that everything turned out in your favor! Oooh, I bet your daughter will have fun with that. Great to hear things are going good ((HUGS)).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rebekah :)

    Thanks for commenting. I rarely get those around here....lol Yes, she's very excited about it! And so far no more hacking issues!

    ReplyDelete