Sunday, August 19, 2012

The End

I remember when I first typed those words at the end of Elemental. It was such a relief to finish that novel. That was months ago and it's hard to believe my baby out there in the world fending for itself!

I have a habit of thinking ahead, like way ahead. I'll schedule things in my calendar that I want to happen. It's my way of sending out good vibes. Some time ago, I scheduled "Elemental Release Party" for August 4th. Well the 4th came and when my phone chimed I laughed to myself when I read that. At the time, the plan was to be traditionally published. I was ready. Sure I was going to attending that scheduled party. Little did I know how right I was.

At the time, I'd never heard of KDP and when August rolled around I'd completely forgotten about that party. That scheduled reminder was loaded. It was also reminder of just how easy it is to make things happen for yourself. I'm so happy I took this step and happier that my plans from months ago confirmed that it was the right decision.

Now here we are at THE END of the summer. Already! It's hard to believe the weeks just flew by. I totally flaked on my plans for the blog this summer. I didn't do nearly as much writing as I planned. I tanked the 5000 words a day goal, but that's not to say I didn't accomplish anything.

I've got a book out, I'm working on the sequel, I started another blog and every day I continue to do what I love.

Today I'm scheduling a new reality: The Elemental 2 Release is scheduled for February 14, 2013. Here's to looking ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment