Monday, June 11, 2012

No News is...VERY stressful!

I'm trying not to over-think this process but, I'll tell ya, I'm freakin' out! Okay maybe not freaking but it'd be nice to put my mind at ease for two seconds. Every time my phone chimes, I'm typing in my password before I can say "Rejection" or "Offer" or "Oh, it's just junkmail :( ".

And don't even get me started on Twitter! Word of advice: In order to remain sane, as humanly possible, during a time like this, DO NOT follow perspective agents on Twitter. Take it from me. Keep your head on and just DON'T!

The best thing to keep you sane (well, me at least) is more writing. Work on your next project. Throw yourself into it (or them!) and don't look back until someone else (preferably an agent with good news ;) ) mentions your submitted work.

As you can see, not much has changed.

And the tally:

10 (yes, I submitted another, even though I said I wouldn't) queries
5 Rejections
2 Requests (one full, one partial)
3 Non-repsonders

I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment