The more than gracious Traci Kenworth has bestowed upon me my first ever Blog Award (actually, make that two)!
Here they are :)
The Sunshine Award
The Kreativ Blogger Award
I would like to share the wealth! So I am nominating the following lovely bloggers :) These are blogs I’ve followed since I started a couple of years ago. Most of them were my first followers, so I’m giving back the love! A few are blogs I read every week, without fail. Some have to do with writing, others just my lifestyle :)
And Kelbian’s Nominees are:
Melissa J. Cunningham (My first EVER follower!!)
To accept your nomination, please do the following:
- Thank the person who gave it and provide a link to them.
- Write a post about it.
- Answer the questions below
- Pass it on to 10 bloggers you know and who you really enjoy reading.
10 QUESTIONS & MY ANSWERS
1. Favorite color: Green
2. Favorite animal: Monkey. But I don’t like it when they act in movies or tv shows. So lame!
3. Favorite number: Two
4. Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Water if I’m thirsty, pomegranate if I just need something to sip on.
5. Facebook or Twitter: Twitter! So much fun and a lot of cool people. It’s less about showcasing and more about conversation. I love it. You should follow me! twitter.com/kidvoice (ha, ha, no showcasing there!)
6. My passion: *sigh* Writing :)
7. Getting or giving presents: Giving! I’m good at reading people ( I might be the gift whisperer) and I love watching them open gifts, especially my kids! I just gave my daughter a nomination :) Leesy ;)
8. Favorite pattern: Vines. Because they’re green and they look pretty cool on just about anything.
9. Favorite day of the week: Wednesday (hump day). Always has been. Means the week is half-over..lol
10. Favorite flower: Dahlias. I love to plant them and watch them grow!
KREATIV BLOGGER AWARD
a. Thank the blogger who gave you the award and provide a link.
b. List 7 interesting things about yourself.
c. Nominate 7 (I’m sticking with the 10 too, Traci. Thanks for the tip...lol) other bloggers for the award
7 INTERESTING THINGS ABOUT KELBIAN
1. I’ve been writing since I was in the fifth grade. I used to write (or at least start!) books on looseleaf. I had a blue writing folder and I used to sit out in a cow pasture under the (cliche) oak tree and write for hours. Back then we did it with a pen :) I still have all those stories. And the beat-up folder.
2. I used to write scripts until 2005. Then I decided my time would be better spent writing novels. So I made the switch.
3. I had my first great novel idea (back in 2005) as a result of a vivid dream, starring Sophia Bush from One Tree Hill. It was about werewolves. She was bad ass and I loved it. Problem is, I took too long to write it and the novelty of creature books eventually wore off.
4. Horror doesn’t scare me anymore. None of it does. I think I might be fearless now.
5. I wrote a religious book once. You could probably still find it online somewhere. I’m working on fixing that problem.
6. The first book I ever read was written by L.M. Montgomery. Best. Canadian. Writer. Ever.
7. The only other books I was allowed to read as a kid were Christian Romance novels by Janette Oke. Of course once in a while I'd sneak in some R.L. Stine from the school library. Fear Street is a classic.
There you have it, my answers to the questions and 7 mind-blowing tidbits about me :)
I hope you’ll all take part. Even so, I’ll continue to enjoy your blogs!
Let me also encourage you to check out the following blogs if you haven’t already. These lovely ladies have already received the awards: