Sunday, March 4, 2012

25 DOWN 4 TO GO

Revisions can be hell. I've started and stopped revising Elemental so many times I can't count. As of today, I've got four chapters to go and I couldn't be happier. Is it wrong to feel this way about your work? Something tells me yes. Something also tells me I'm not the only writer who ever has. BLAH. I'm so tired of looking at the words, but I know it's for the best.

I think the weirdest thing about this whole process is the love-hate relationship (mostly hate now) I've developed with the story. The goal was always to try and get it published, but now the idea of that actually happening seems laughable.

Okay, okay. Enough negativity. The goal right now is to put myself out there. No matter what happens.

Ack. Wish my luck!

3 comments:

  1. I hate each book I write at some point in the process. Usually in the first draft, and then again in the editing process. :P
    I think the only time I'm truly in the honeymoon stage is during brainstorming.
    Congrats on almost being done. THAT is a good feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, sweetie. I tagged you over at:
    http://www.jenniferfischetto.com/2012/03/more-about-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jenn!

    Thanks! I was just about to post about my first WIP too! This will make things more interesting (*she says, walking away and biting her nails*)

    ReplyDelete