Wednesday, October 20, 2010

PERSPECTIVE GAINED :)

So it's been about one month since I've blogged...about anything at all...and six weeks since I've blogged about the (exciting) journey of become a published (and respected) author.

In September, I read 7 novels in my genre. It was nice considering it had been so long since I'd had the time to read anything that wasn't a required reading. I guess these were kind of a required reading but in a good way.

I read one four-book series, the first of a book from another four-book series that 'my dream agent' represents, one that covered the same topic and was (very slightly) similar to my plot, and one that was the same topic, entirely different plot.

These readings were very beneficial. They gave me the confidence to continue on. There comes a point in the process of writing a novel that you get bored of your own words and you begin to worry whether or not they are worth anything or good enough.

After reading other work, some good, some very good, some bad and some very bad, you can more easily gain perspective.

This is going to be a GREAT journey!

For the last three weeks, I've been editing my first draft. I'm nearly complete. In fact, I have one more scene to edit so, after today, I will be.

Updates tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment